- “We can do no great things — only small things with great love”
– Mother Theresa
- “Say to yourself as a. . .man, you do what you must, for the perfect and simple dignity. For the feeling of freedom, and enough action and justice. And give yourself relief from all your thoughts.”
– Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor 270-275, AD
- strong>”To be educated only makes a greaser the grander rascal.”
– George L. Robertson, 1864
- “Prefiero morir de pie que vivir de rodillas”
– Emiliano Zapata, Héroe de la Revolución Mexicana
- “First they came for the socialists—and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade-unionists, and I did not speak—because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.”
– Reverend Martin Niemöller, Anti-Nazi Pastor, 1937
- “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
– St. Frances of Assisi
- “Our smallest actions have far-reaching effects.”
– President Harry S. Truman
- “Focus on the effort don’t worry about the results.”
– Mohandas K. Gandhi